Christopher L. Deininger is a graduate of Skidmore College and the Case Western Reserve University Law School. He has nearly 30 years of experience in litigation, bench and jury trials and appeals, including substantial experience handling complex matters. Mr. Deininger’s practice includes such areas as police department administrative hearings and discipline; discrimination and wrongful termination claims; construction accidents and injuries; insurance coverage disputes; as well as the pursuit and/or defense of claims in excess of $10,000,000.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Deininger pursued a career in main frame computer operations. His education and background in computer technology, information technology, and related topics, gives him an advantage in disputes that involve those areas.
In law school, Mr. Deininger excelled in such areas as torts, intellectual property, contract law, business law, and oral advocacy. Mr. Deininger began his career in a coveted federal court law clerkship in which he worked shoulder-to-shoulder with Judge Robert B. Kurpansky, a respected judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit. That experience gives him a special insight into to how appellate courts and judges function. Following the clerkship, Mr. Deininger practiced law for many years in New York City including practice with two, prestigious, New York City Park Avenue law firms. Since 1995, when he relocated to Montclair to start a family, Mr. Deininger has lived in New Jersey practicing law in the state and federal courts in the tri-state area. He has been a Morris County resident for nearly 20 years.
He is a member of the New York and New Jersey Bars, and is admitted to practice in numerous federal trial and appellate court.
Areas of Experience
- Employment disputes (including significant experience representing police officers).
- Civil litigation, trials, and appeals (including numerous reversals correcting harmful error).
- Insurance coverage litigation (including numerous multi-million dollar disputes).
- Complex litigation (including cases involving more than 1,000,000 records as well as disputes pursued simultaneously in multiple courts and multiple law suits).
- Disputes involving computer misuse, electronic record misappropriation, intellectual property disputes, and technology law.
- Construction accident litigation.
- Contract disputes.
- Non-profit organizations (including healthcare systems).
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University, 1986
- B.A., Skidmore College, 1980
Bars and Admissions
- Ohio, 1986
- New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 1993
- New Jersey, 1996
- New Jersey and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1996
- Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit 2007
- Successful defense of a $40,000,000+ claim of auditor malpractice on behalf of a Big Six Accounting firm. As a midlevel associate, Mr. Deininger established through discovery (including review of more than 1,000,000 pages records and deposition of former company president) that the auditors had been misled by the audit-client’s upper management. Following that, the case settled for a small fraction of the initial value of the claim.
- Successfully defended a billion-dollar, multi-national construction company from an estimated $17,000,000 construction-worker-injury claim involving numerous contracts and other actors. Mr. Deininger’s client not only paid nothing to the plaintiff or other parties, but also recovered its defense costs and attorney’s fees.
- Successfully defended billion-dollar hospital healthcare organization from a discrimination / breach of contract claim brought by a terminated physician. Case tried to a verdict of “no cause,” which absolved the healthcare system of any wrongdoing.
- Successfully recovered approximately $400,000 on behalf of a disabled individual whose disability insurance company no longer wanted to honor its coverage obligation after the client suffered a series of strokes.
- Numerous five-figure and six-figure recoveries for individuals subjected to harassment, wrongful discharge, and other forms of unlawful employment abuse.
- Successfully defended a decorated police captain against disciplinary charges brought for political purposes, by convincing the town’s chosen Hearing Officer that the claims were meritless and the matter should be dropped. The town dropped that matter and the officer was absolved of the charges.
RESULTS WILL VARY DEPENDING UPON THE SPECIFIC FACTS & CIRCUMSTANCES OF YOUR CASE
Current & Past Representative Clients Include …
- James Carifi, former Captain of the Parsippany-Troy Hills Police Department
- Steven Crawford, former Chief of the Mendham Police Department
- David Herman, former WNEW DJ & Inductee of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Numerous businesses prosecuting or defending matters involving intellectual property, computer technology, and information issues.
- Numerous business owners involved in disputes involving business governance
- Numerous employees fighting for the rights and interest, including unlawful discrimination
- Skanska USA Building, Inc.
- Atlantic Health System & its hospitals
- Arthur Andersen
- Lighthouse International Organization (non-profit for people suffering blindness and other vision issues)
- National Hemophilia Organization
- Skin Cancer Organization
Your rights and interests need protection, contact Mr. Deininger immediately for a free consultation.
Call Now (973) 879-1610